From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Use of gethostname() and getdomainname()
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 14:47:28
1 On 1 Dec 2007, at 06:26, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > ... my postfix setup.
4 > ...
5 > My mailx mailer seems to put "localdomain" on the sender address
6 > when my crontab entries call it. Maybe because it sees that
7 > getdomainname(2) comes up empty.
8
9 Hi there,
10
11 I have encountered similar problems.
12
13 I don't use mailx, but just this instead:
14 for foo in `seq 10` ; do echo "Subject: test $foo of 10" | /usr/
15 sbin/sendmail stroller@×××××××.com ; done
16
17 I was getting localdomain as part of the address, also, and
18 consequent mailbounce. I had to set "myhostname = " in /etc/postfix/
19 main.cf in order to overcome this, and find the necessity annoying.
20
21 > What's the right way to set this up? Should I just cobble my
22 > proper domain into setdomainname(2)? Is there a right way? Is
23 > there a better way?
24
25 I see you don't have any other replies here, so I'd be grateful if
26 you could please keep us (well, me) posted if you experiment further
27 or look for advice elsewhere.
28
29 Stroller.
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list