From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] autossh
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 08:46:23
1 On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 11:34:31AM +0530, Penguin Lover Kaushal Shriyan squawked:
2 > On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:09 AM, Joshua Murphy<poisonbl@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Kaushal Shriyan<kaushalshriyan@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >> export AUTOSSH_GATETIME=0
5 > >> export AUTOSSH_POLL=100
6 > >> export AUTOSSH_PORT=20020
7 > >> export AUTOSSH_DEBUG=1
8 > >>
9 > > Where are you starting autossh from? The AUTOSSH_POLL variable in your
10 > > .bashrc is, it would appear, being disregarded in whatever context
11 > > autossh is starting in, otherwise you'd be seeing an up to 1 minute,
12 > > 40 second delay on reconnecting, not 10 minutes.
13 > I am starting autossh somehost from the same gnome-terminal tab
14 > session where my .bashrc is located
15 >
16 > Any further clue ?
19 Did you open a new gnome-terminal after editing .bashrc?
20
21 In the same terminal, what is the output when you type
22
23 env | grep AUTOSSH
24
25 ?
26
27 W
28 --
29 Fahnestock's Rule for failure:
30 If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
31 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1006 days, 7:37