From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: chromium 60 build failure
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 16:48:46
1 On Di, 01 Aug 16:09:07 +0000
2 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >On 2017-08-01, Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 >>>If you look at
6 >>>
7 >>> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-devel/gcc
8 >>>
9 >>>It showls eleven versions for amd64 in green with a '+' symbol. I
10 >>>thought that meant they were stable. But, as there's no key on that
11 >>>page explaining what the colors and symbols mean, I was evidently
12 >>>wrong.
13 >>>
14 >>
15 >> You are right that is a little bit odd and confusing. One have to look
16 >> at the mouse tool tip while hovering those symbols.
17 >
18 >Very will hidden, that! Kudos to the joker that thought that one up.
19 >
20 >> $ equery keywords sys-devel/gcc
21 >>
22 >> is more clear on this.
23 >
24 >Thanks, I should have known to not use a web page for something that
25 >had a command-line tool.
26
27 Yes for me it is mostly more convenient, especially when javascript
28 comes into play. Also learning never stops. The command `eshowkw`, which
29 Mick mentioned, is new to me even if its output is very similar to
30 `equery`.
31
32 BTW, there is a little symbol legend when you click on the question mark
33 above the arch column header:
34
35 <https://packages.gentoo.org/about/help#keyword-legend>
36
37 and it shows a not used symbol for masked versions. Maybe just another
38 one from the joker. ;-)
42 Regards,
43 floyd