From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dhcpcd + bonding problem
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 11:07:45
1 On Wed, April 3, 2013 10:04, Александр Тумаров wrote:
2 > Some time ago I upgraded openrc and dhcpcd, after this upgrade I face next
3 > problem:
4 >
5 > /etc/conf.d/net has next content
6 > config_bond0="dhcp"
7 > config_eth0="null"
8 > slaves_eth0="eth0"
9
10 this should be:
11 slaves_bond0="eth0"
12
13 and you also might want to add:
14 rc_net_bond0_need="net.eth0"
15
16 > For some reason dhcpcd runs on both bond0 and eth0 assigning the same
17 > address
18 > to both and of course I have double entries in routing table leading to
19 > unusable network.
20 > The only way to keep dhcpcd running on eth0 is to add denyinterfaces=eth*
22 > /etc/dhcpcd config.
23 >
24 > dhcpcd does ethernet interfaces discovery and automatically run for any
25 > one of
26 > them that has carrier. Should config_eth0="null" preventdhcpcd from
27 > dealing
28 > with eth0?
29 > Also additional observation: dhcpcd does not create
30 > /var/run/dhcpcd-bond0.pid.
31 > The only thing that is created is /var/run/dhcpcd.pid (without iface
32 > name).
33 > I do not know if this is important or not
34 > Versions:
35 > openrc is 0.11.8
36 > dhcpcd is 5.6.4
37 >
38 > So the question Is if this is expectable behaviour or is this a bug in
39 > initialization system?
40
41 I don't myself use DHCP on a bonded interface, but I do use a bonded
42 interface for 4 NICs.
45 Joost