From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] cups-pdf configuration?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 02:13:18
1 Hi,
2
3 Short version: Where does the cups-pdf printer put output files by default?
4
5 I emerged cups-pdf and installed a printer using it. No problems
6 setting up a PDF printer (as far as I can tell) but I cannot find any
7 output when I print a test page. I did restart cups to ensure the new
8 printer was really enabled.
9
10 eix cups-pdf points me at this web site:
11
12 http://cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~vrbehr/cups-pdf
13
14 Looking there indicates we are supposed to copy a config file to
15 /etc/cupsd but the file isn't there after the emerge, nor is it in
16 /etc/conf.d as far as I can tell. Is it required? I would assume so
17 but maybe the docs are out of date?
18
19 Thanks in advance for any pointers you can provide.
20
21 Cheers,
22 Mark
23 --