From: "Marzan
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Trouble fetching all required files for network-less machine
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:09:22
1 I'm trying to fetch all possible files including those that might
2 satisfy dependencies and USE flags for every package on my system. The
3 reason I'm doing this is because I have a network-less machine that I
4 wish to transfer these files to so that I may have the same environment
5 on both machines. But every so often a package fails to install because
6 of failure to fetch dependencies. On my networked machine I run emerge
7 -efD world and emerge -fD system it fetches files and completes without
8 errors. I then take a copy of the distfiles dir to the networkless
9 machine and run emerge k3b, for example, and it fails because it was
10 unable to fetch some dependent file. This after I ran the same command
11 on my networked machine and moving distfiles to my networkless box. Both
12 profiles on the two machines are identical and they use the same USE
13 flags. How can I make sure that every possible or contingent file is
14 fetch? For example...I might not use the mp3 USE flag or any other use
15 flag for a program but I would like it to satisfy all possible FLAGS
16 when fetching...How can I go about doing that?
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list