From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 06:12:15
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Thinking about it, I got 16Gbs on here. That could take a while to test.
5 >> O_O
6 >>
7 > When I'm in a hurry I just run test 5, it seems that 99% of the time
8 > that's the test that finds errors anyway. Best, of course, is to run
9 > them all, but I usually do test 5 only first since it's more likely to
10 > fail sooner and can do passes faster. :) Then if it does NOT fail I'll
11 > run all tests, just to be sure.
16 I didn't know that. I'll start with it then let it run at least a
17 couple passes of a full test. I got some good ram so I sort of think it
18 is OK. I really think the power failure the other day messed up
19 something, drive itself, some file or something that is causing this. I
20 just get the sense there is a snowball coming tho.
21
22 My current plan, finish this new install. Test the ram and hope it is
23 OK. Test the new install and see if it holds up. If it does, I plan to
24 test the heck out of the old drive. If it passes tests then I may copy
25 my install over and test it again. If it fails, door stop most likely.
26 Are they even worth shipping back anymore? It may not even be under
27 warranty now tho. It's about a year old.
28
29 I'm just hoping for a fix SOON.
30
31 Dale