From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 22:29:42
1 On 07/05/2011 10:38 PM, Dale wrote:
2
3 > My current plan, finish this new install. Test the ram and hope it is OK.
4
5 I can feel your pain :( This may not help, but I thought I'd mention it
6 just because nothing else has helped so far.
7
8 I started having random keyboard issues right after the most recent xorg
9 update on my ~x86 and ~amd64 machines.
10
11 Maybe just once/day or so I'll hit a key and the auto-repeat function
12 starts repeating the keystroke ad infinitum until I hit Backspace.
13
14 This is not a lockup like your problem, but it was striking that this
15 random keyboard problem started right after the recent xorg update.
16 (Yes, I recompiled all the drivers after the upgrade.)
17
18 Since you are recompiling/reinstalling everything anyway, what about
19 masking the most recent xorg-server/xorg-driver updates so you can test
20 older versions? You quad-core speed demon ;p