From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo-sources 5.7.x
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 14:57:50
1 On Tuesday, 9 June 2020 15:46:43 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > Other than that, the naming scheme may have changed but I don't know about
4 > > this. For better future-proofing, use a UUID of your root partition rather
5 > > than a device name.
6 > >
7 > > root=UUID=...
8 > >
9 > > You can get this UUID with the blkid command.
10 >
11 > I'll try this in a minute - thanks for the idea. I've stuck with device
12 > names so far because (i) I can read them, and (ii) I can't ever have more
13 > than one NVMe device in this box.
14
15 Nope. Didn't help. All I have now is dredging through the kernel config yet
16 again, or possibly even trying an initrd. I hope I'm not being forced down
17 that road after all these years.
20 Regards,
21 Peter.