From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 20:52:19
1 Am Sonntag, 13. Januar 2008 schrieb Etaoin Shrdlu:
2
3 > You can use Daniel Robbins' stage3s:
4
5 Why should I? They're likely also built with different use flags than the ones
6 I use. Thus I will end up recompiling anyway. Updating the compiler
7 recompiled a couple dozen packages before. With a stage1 install I have the
8 compiler, binutils and libc versions of my choice right from the beginning
9 and don't need to think about which packages have been compiled with an old
10 (or just different) compiler, possibly causing trouble later.
11
12 Bye...
13
14 Dirk