From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:16:08
1 On Sunday 13 January 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2
3 > And while where at it: Get those stage1 installs back into the
4 > Handbook. I did a stage3 install 2 weeks ago and it was a nightmare.
5 > One needs to recompile nearly everything afterwards, so stage3 doesn't
6 > make any difference.
7
8 You can use Daniel Robbins' stage3s:
9
10 http://blog.funtoo.org/2007/12/i-building-gentoo-stages.html
11
12 (note: I have not used them yet, so I don't know what their
13 compatibility/quality/whatever level is. Anyway, with such a releaser,
14 I'd expect them to work quite well, and I'll test them with my next
15 Gentoo install).
16 --
17 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list