From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lazy gcc switching
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:09:10
1 On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 03:36:33PM -0500, Dale wrote
2
3 > My last KDE upgrade made KDE a little faster here as well. It won't be
4 > as fast as e17 tho. Since I upgraded gcc a little before that, I wasn't
5 > sure if it was gcc building better code or KDE got rid of some garbage.
6 > It is a little faster tho.
7 >
8 > I suspect gcc. When as larger programs ever got faster? I'm sure they
9 > added code to KDE, not taking code away. ;-)
10
11 I have a neutral attitude in the KDE/GNOME battle... the pox on both
12 your houses<g>. I don't run desktops, I run applications. KDE/GNOME
13 represent a lot of why I left Windows in the first place.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>