From: "Güray Sen" <seng@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Install hangs while "Scanning for ata_piix"
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:37:48
1 Hi there,
2
3 Trying to re-install Gentoo with the following drive config:
4 1 IDE 120GB HD on primary IDE channel as master
5 2 IDE CDROM drive on secondary IDE channel as master
6 3 S-ATA 160GB HD on first S-ATA channel
7 4 S-ATA 160GB HD on second S-ATA channel
8
9 I want to install Gentoo on both S-ATA disks and use the IDE disk as a
10 backup device (it already contains a backup so it may not be touched
11 during installation).
12
13 Made sure the BIOS recognised all drives and booted up the 2005.1
14 LiveCD. After the entering gentoo at the boot: prompt, the installation
15 just hangs at
17 :: Scanning for ata_piix
18
19 I also tried boot: gentoo doscsi, but to no avail.
20
21 FWIW, this is on a A-Open AX4SG motherboard.
22
23 Does anyone know how to get past the Scanning for ata_piix?
24 Many thanks
25
26 ps: If I specify boot: gentoo noload=ata_piix, setup continues but later
27 hangs after
28 * Coldplugging PCI devices ...
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list