From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc-6.4.0-r1::gentoo failed (compile phase)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 21:53:45
1 On 2018-03-28 15:08, Grant Taylor wrote:
2
3 > Doesn't NBD (iSCSI and ATA over Ethernet) show up more like SAN
4 > compared to NFS which is NAS?
5
6 Well, that's too many 3-letter acronyms for me ;-) It is lower level,
7 yes. All the filesystem code is on the client; the server only handles
8 requests of the form "here's the new contents of block 1234, and be sure
9 to tell me when it's safely on disk".
12 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
13 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
14 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
15 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.