From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo apache2 VirtualHost :443 config
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 21:03:54
1 Grant wrote:
2 > I need to include a Location block for one subdomain, but not for
3 > another. I have separate VirtualHost blocks set up for port 80, but
4 > when I try to do the same for port 443, I get the following when
5 > restarting apache2:
6 >
7 > [warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 443, the first has precedence
8 >
9 > To create the second 443 VirtualHost I copied the Gentoo
10 > SSL_DEFAULT_VHOST config to another file and did a little editing.
11 > Should I be going about that a different way?
12 >
13 > Does anyone else find the Gentoo apache2 layout/config annoying?
14 >
15 > - Grant
16
17 Actually I find the layout clean and relaxing with just a hint of
18 cinnamon. :)
19
20 I suspect you're doing *:443 in more than one place. SSL can not use
21 named based vhosts. You need multiple IPs to do multiple ssl vhosts
22 correctly.
23
24 kashani
25 --