From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Devicekit - especially just for Dale
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:22:46
1 On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 04:12:11 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> I usually just do softlevel=single or that other one I got wrote
4 > >> down here somewhere.
5
6 > > That turns off almost everything, whereas gentoo=nox does a normal
7 > > startup of everything but xdm. Single mode has its uses but it's a bit
8 > > of a sledgehammer for this particular nut.
9
10 > But I can emerge things and fix stuff. That's all I need at the time.
11
12 As long as you don't need LVM, dmcrypt or anythng else beyond the bare
13 minimum, that's true. But when X is the only problem, a method to disable
14 only X seems appropriate.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 If at first you don't succeed, work for Microsoft.