From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Devicekit - especially just for Dale
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:12:55
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:21:18 -0600, Dale wrote:
5 >>> Even easier, hit e at the GRUB menu and add "gentoo=nox" to the kernel
6 >>> options.
7 >>>
10 >> I usually just do softlevel=single or that other one I got wrote down
11 >> here somewhere.
14 > That turns off almost everything, whereas gentoo=nox does a normal
15 > startup of everything but xdm. Single mode has its uses but it's a bit
16 > of a sledgehammer for this particular nut.
21 But I can emerge things and fix stuff. That's all I need at the time.
22 I don't even need a second console.
23
24 It works for me. The sledge hammer is just right. If I do need more, I
25 just type in 'rc boot' and get a little more going.
26
27 Dale
28