From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Devicekit - especially just for Dale
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:04:47
1 On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:21:18 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > Even easier, hit e at the GRUB menu and add "gentoo=nox" to the kernel
4 > > options.
5
6 > I usually just do softlevel=single or that other one I got wrote down
7 > here somewhere.
8
9 That turns off almost everything, whereas gentoo=nox does a normal
10 startup of everything but xdm. Single mode has its uses but it's a bit
11 of a sledgehammer for this particular nut.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 WinErr 003: Dynamic linking error - Your mistake is now in every file