From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]Optimizations for low-bandwidth web browsing?
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 15:29:12
1 Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Grant schrieb:
3 >
4 >> I need to optimize web browsing for a slow cell phone data connection.
5 >> I'd like to browse faster and use less data ($). I've installed
6 >> ImgLikeOpera for Firefox which is great at selectively blocking
7 >> images, and I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do?
8 >>
9 >> - Grant
12 > You could safe data with Adblock+ and Flashblock as extensions in
13 > Firefox, as both of them block mostly unneeded stuff. If you need
14 > selected flash-applets activating and loading it is only a mouseclick.
15 >
16 > A big browsercache could help to both for faster browsing and less data.
17 > But this only if you work much with the same sites.
25 I have noticed that Seamonkey, not sure about Firefox, clears cache each
26 time you restart the program. I'm not sure when this started and I have
27 found no way to tell it not to either.
28
29 Adblock and friends do help a lot tho. I do agree with that for sure.
30
31 Dale
32