From: "Sebastian Beßler" <webmaster@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]Optimizations for low-bandwidth web browsing?
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 14:50:33
1 Grant schrieb:
2 > I need to optimize web browsing for a slow cell phone data connection.
3 > I'd like to browse faster and use less data ($). I've installed
4 > ImgLikeOpera for Firefox which is great at selectively blocking
5 > images, and I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do?
6 >
7 > - Grant
8 >
9 You could safe data with Adblock+ and Flashblock as extensions in
10 Firefox, as both of them block mostly unneeded stuff. If you need
11 selected flash-applets activating and loading it is only a mouseclick.
12
13 A big browsercache could help to both for faster browsing and less data.
14 But this only if you work much with the same sites.