From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Freeing up disk space problem!!
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:10:01
1 On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:40:33 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > When $LUSER fills up his drive it can be that root is the only user
4 > that can properly mount and access the filesystem. So whatever the
5 > $LUSER was doing that filled up the drive needs to be undone by root,
6 > probably by shuffling stuff around.
7
8 I've never failed to fix that by deleting a file as the user that created
9 it, usually the partial file that caused the problem, but I can see why
10 you may want to keep a small amount reserved for that.
11
12 However, I still don't get the "-m 0 increases fragmentation" thing.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 My friends went to alt.california, and all they brought
19 me was this lousy sig.