From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Now Know Why Portage Is So Slow
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 13:17:43
1 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 08:25 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 >> Also, unless this have changed dramatically, eix's database update is
5 >> *much* faster than that of esearch - seconds vs. minutes.
6 >
7 > I've heard that argument before, and I don't know why some people see
8 > that behaviour - esearch only takes seconds for me...
9
10 Are you really talking about *esearch* or about eupdate (or
11 what's it called)?
12
13 *esearch* is fast for me as well - but the update was so slow,
14 that I now finally dumped it.
15
16 Alexander Skwar
17 --
18 You have all eternity to be cautious in when you're dead.
19 -- Lois Platford
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list