From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Now Know Why Portage Is So Slow
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 11:56:08
1 On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 08:25 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > Also, unless this have changed dramatically, eix's database update is
4 > *much* faster than that of esearch - seconds vs. minutes.
5
6 I've heard that argument before, and I don't know why some people see
7 that behaviour - esearch only takes seconds for me...
11 You should avoid hedging, at least that's what I think.
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list