From: German <gentgerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fresh gen too install - unsuccesful
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 11:44:15
1 On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 11:30:49 +0000
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Saturday 20 Dec 2014 18:20:44 Mick wrote:
5 > > On Saturday 20 Dec 2014 17:07:47 German wrote:
6 > > > Thanks Poison. SystemRescueCD is capable of booting in uefi so I can
7 > > > install gen too from it? I have heard good things about it
8 > >
9 > > Yes, this is what I am going to use to attempt to install Gentoo in UEFI.
10 > >
11 > > I have used it for years now to install Gentoo with a conventional BIOS.
12 >
13 > I spake too soon! :-(
14 >
15 > I just tried to boot my Asus MoBo A88XM-PLUS, after I disabled CMS and
16 > switched Secure Boot to other OS (as opposed to MS Windows), with
17 > sysrescuecd-4.4.1.
18 >
19 > Unfortunately I can't get a console due to this error:
20 >
21 > error: no suitable mode found.
22 > Booting in blind mode
25 > Any idea how to progress from here? Is it possible with sysrescuecd?
26
27 Mick, you are going right after my steps ( or I go where you go ). Just tried
28 to boot sysresc 4.4.1 with exactly the same error message. Duh. Looks like many people with the same
29 problem.
33 > --
34 > Regards,
35 > Mick