From: Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cant boot with SSD, GPT, GRUB2 and UEFI
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 20:53:52
1 2014-03-08 6:46 GMT-03:00 Pavel Volkov <negaipub@×××××.com>:
2
3 > On Saturday 08 March 2014 06:25:32 Facundo Curti wrote:
4 > > So, I try to do the same, but in chroot.
5 > > I mount everything (Including proc and sys), and:
6 > > chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
7 > > grub2-install --target x86_64-efi /dev/sdb //Without
8 > > target gives another error
9 > >
10 > > And grub2-install says:
11 > > Fatal: Couldn't open either sysfs or procfs directories for
12 > > accesing EFI variables.
13 > > Try `modprobe efivars` as root.
14 > > (Same than before)
15 > >
16 > > I was searching on google and I find various similar topics [1]. It
17 > > recomend to mount proc and sys, but I already do thath... (unless I do
18 > that
19 > > wrong)
20 > >
21 > > Somes ideas? :/
22 >
23 > Is there any content in ls /sys/firmware/efi/vars/ directory?
24 >
25 > If not, are you sure you boot sysrescuecd in EFI mode?
26 > It can boot in both EFI and legacy mode.
27 > Check your boot menu again.
30 Finally!!! I on gentoo with out usb! jaja
31
32 I just needed make some changes on BIOS, I was using a dual UEFI and Legacy
33 (UEFI first) (Thank you Pavel):
34
35 https://www.dropbox.com/s/rj9ul87kptzglrt/20140308_065958.jpg
36
37 Thank you all for the help!! I spent all the night trying to fix that ._. I
38 fell sleep on 7:40 am lol (I also had problems booting with rescue cd,
39 with systemd, and a missconfig from fstab >.< lol).
40
41 Thank you once more! Bytes! ;)