From: Pavel Volkov <negaipub@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cant boot with SSD, GPT, GRUB2 and UEFI
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 09:46:53
1 On Saturday 08 March 2014 06:25:32 Facundo Curti wrote:
2 > So, I try to do the same, but in chroot.
3 > I mount everything (Including proc and sys), and:
4 > chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
5 > grub2-install --target x86_64-efi /dev/sdb //Without
6 > target gives another error
7 >
8 > And grub2-install says:
9 > Fatal: Couldn't open either sysfs or procfs directories for
10 > accesing EFI variables.
11 > Try `modprobe efivars` as root.
12 > (Same than before)
13 >
14 > I was searching on google and I find various similar topics [1]. It
15 > recomend to mount proc and sys, but I already do thath... (unless I do that
16 > wrong)
17 >
18 > Somes ideas? :/
19
20 Is there any content in ls /sys/firmware/efi/vars/ directory?
21
22 If not, are you sure you boot sysrescuecd in EFI mode?
23 It can boot in both EFI and legacy mode.
24 Check your boot menu again.