From: Petric Frank <pfrank@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] weird portage warning
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 07:48:43
1 Hello,
2
3 Am Sonntag 02 Mai 2010 08:56:29 schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
4 > On Sonntag 02 Mai 2010, Philip Webb wrote:
5 > > For the past few weeks, I have noticed the following bizarre msg :
6 > >
7 > > root:503 ~> emerge -Dup world
8 > > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
9 > > Calculating dependencies |
10 > > * Please fix your ebuild to not inherit the deprecated qt3.eclass
11 > > * Please fix your ebuild to not inherit the deprecated qt3.eclass
12 > > * Please fix your ebuild to not inherit the deprecated qt3.eclass
13 > > ... done!
14 > >
15 > > Yes, I have the KDE 3 overlay installed,
16 > > but even so how can a mere user be expected to "fix an ebuild",
17 > > whatever that may mean anyway. Can anyone enlighten me
18 > > as to the cause &/or purpose of these repeated msgs ?
19 >
20 > the cause: the qt3.eclass is deprecated (because qt3 and everything
21 > depending on it is 'dead'). The ebuilds use this eclass, portage warns
22 > about it. There is nothing you can do about it.
23
24 But there should a note *which* ebuild have to be fixed, right ?
25
26 regards