From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] weird portage warning
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 06:57:38
1 On Sonntag 02 Mai 2010, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > For the past few weeks, I have noticed the following bizarre msg :
3 >
4 > root:503 ~> emerge -Dup world
5 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
6 > Calculating dependencies |
7 > * Please fix your ebuild to not inherit the deprecated qt3.eclass
8 > * Please fix your ebuild to not inherit the deprecated qt3.eclass
9 > * Please fix your ebuild to not inherit the deprecated qt3.eclass
10 > ... done!
11 >
12 > Yes, I have the KDE 3 overlay installed,
13 > but even so how can a mere user be expected to "fix an ebuild",
14 > whatever that may mean anyway. Can anyone enlighten me
15 > as to the cause &/or purpose of these repeated msgs ?
16
17 the cause: the qt3.eclass is deprecated (because qt3 and everything depending
18 on it is 'dead'). The ebuilds use this eclass, portage warns about it.
19 There is nothing you can do about it.
20
21 But hopefully you have the eclass into your overlay too...