From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amarok can't use mysql collection
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:52:54
1 Alan McKinnon writes:
2
3 > On Monday 16 November 2009 21:40:42 Alex Schuster wrote:
4 > > Alan McKinnon writes:
5
6 > > > I get errors like this whenever amarok updates the collection:
7 > > >
8 > > > amarok: [ERROR!] GREPME MySQL query failed! No database
9 > > > selected on "INSERT INTO images SELECT * FROM images_temp;"
10 > >
11 > > Not here. Sometimes the collection gets screwed up a little, but I do
12 > > not get any output when re-scanning the collection.
13
14 It just happened again. I added a new folder to my /data/mp3 hierarchy
15 (metal), put some folders of music into it, marked it as collection folder
16 and told amarok to re-scan the collection. When I search for 'metallica',
17 it finds 'Rapoon'. When I drag a metallica album folder directly into
18 amarok, it shows the album's name correctly, but the artist is 'Rapoon'.
19
20 I unmarked all of my collection's folders, let amarok re-scan, and now the
21 collection is empty. I added all the folders again, scanned, and I have
22 the same problem.
23
24 I deleted ~/.kde4/share/apps/amarok/mysqle, started amarok and let it
25 scan, now all is fine again. Seems I have to do this once in a while.
28 > I have now made a decision. I was a faithful amarok user for 5 years.
29 > In the kde-3.5 days it worked flawlessly and never gave a day's
30 > trouble. The switch to KDE-4 has been fraught with problems from day 1
31 > - all the decent features went away, then the devs spent two years
32 > fiddling with the gui while the palyer didn't *actually* play music
33 > (gee whizz, whodathunkedit? That a user might actually play music on
34 > his media player). Then the monumental cock-up with MySQL and -fPIC,
35 > the jumping through hoops that caused with every single distro out
36 > there, mysql-5.1.* is still not in the tree un-hardmasked, and now
37 > this crap.
38
39 I had my bunch of problems with the new amarok, too. And still, I like it.
40 I got used to it, I like the new layout, it gets song texts fine (which
41 stopped working for the old amarok some time ago).
42
43 > Amarok, it was nice knowing you. One day you might build and play music
44 > again on all sane systems out there. Meanwhile, I think I want to hear
45 > songs play so some other player is going on this machine and you are
46 > coming off.
47
48 What about using amarok 1.4, until 2.x works fine for you?
49
50 Mine does not work any longer, though. Just noted this when I started it
51 to compare with the 2.2 one, did not do this a while ago.
52 /usr/kde/3.5/bin/amarok immediately throws an 'illegal instruction' error.
53 Huh? I did not change my CFLAGS, they are "-march=k8-sse3 -mfpmath=sse -O2
54 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer" on a AMD Athlon 4850e. The k8-sse3 should be
55 sane, gcc -Q --help=target -march=native lists it. I am not sure where I
56 got the -mfpmath=sse from. I rebuilt amarok 1.4, and get the same error,
57 probably somewhere in kdelibs or such stuff. Strange. Let's see if this
58 happens with other stuff, too.
59
60 Wonko