From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no mouse nor keyboard on X
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 17:34:49
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 09 May 2010 04:19:20 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> You are right. This has been discussed a few times on -dev and
6 >> basically, it ain't going to happen. I think it is a good idea myself
7 >> since they have to be re-emerged for them to work anyway. What
8 >> difference does it make if portage does it for us or we do it manually,
9 >> after finding that command to find out which ones to rebuild.
10 >>
11 > This could be solved with sets, a @need-rebuild set similar to
12 > @preserved-rebuild.
13 >
14 > Sets also deal with the original suggestion, since re-emerging a set
15 > rebuild all the components of the set, although not their dependencies,
16 > unlike rebuilding a meta-package. Although this still can't do what was
17 > asked for because a set will contain apps and not the libs they depend on.
21 I actually created a xorg-drivers set for this. At least I have
22 something easier to type in rather than that somewhat small line of
23 chicken scratch. lol
24
25 I just hate trying to start X after a upgrade, it not starting and me
26 usually with no clue as to why. I ran into this the other day and I
27 don't think xorg was even updated. Still not sure why it failed but
28 rebuilding those got it working again.
29
30 Dale
31