From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no mouse nor keyboard on X
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:30:32
1 On Sun, 09 May 2010 04:19:20 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > You are right. This has been discussed a few times on -dev and
4 > basically, it ain't going to happen. I think it is a good idea myself
5 > since they have to be re-emerged for them to work anyway. What
6 > difference does it make if portage does it for us or we do it manually,
7 > after finding that command to find out which ones to rebuild.
8
9 This could be solved with sets, a @need-rebuild set similar to
10 @preserved-rebuild.
11
12 Sets also deal with the original suggestion, since re-emerging a set
13 rebuild all the components of the set, although not their dependencies,
14 unlike rebuilding a meta-package. Although this still can't do what was
15 asked for because a set will contain apps and not the libs they depend on.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I'll never forget the 1st time I ran Windows, but I'm trying...