From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] start X at startup without a login manager
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:14:49
1 Sebastian Günther schrieb:
2 > * Florian Philipp (lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net) [20.03.09 19:09]:
3 >> fei huang schrieb:
4 >>> I don't have any "xdm", "gdm" stuff but would like to start my windows
5 >>> manager directly at startup, cause I'm the only one that use it.
6 >>>
7 >> You know that this is a possible security thread? Anyone who has access
8 >> to your computer can simply press Ctrl+Alt+F1 and enter the console
9 >> session you used to start x-server.
10 >> Locking your X-session won't help against that.
11 >>
12 > You did read, that he wants to start it via the local service, and from
13 > the commandline?
14 >
15 > Propably not, since then your advice is pointless.
18 Err, right. Sorry for the noise.