From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: vmplayer not working after xorg upgrade
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 02:21:30
1 On 02/13/2011 10:24 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Mark Knecht<markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> This morning I did an xorg-server upgrade which included IIRC 33 files
4 >> total on my system. After the upgrade I am unable to run the vmplayer
5 >> app. The GUI never comes up. If I run it in a terminal it seems to die
6 >> quietly after about 5 seconds. There are no additional messages in
7 >> dmesg.
10 > OK - there is nothing of interest in the setup log file above, but in
11 > the same directory there is a player-log which is catching the crash.
12 > I cannot tell what's kicking it off so I'm considering uninstalling
13 > all the vmware stuff, looking for stale links, then reinstalling
14 > vmware.
15
16 Are you using the ebuilds for vmware? (Latest versions are in the
17 "vmware" overlay.) I run latest X.Org (1.9.4) and both workstation as
18 well as player have no problems here.