From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: vmplayer not working after xorg upgrade
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 05:05:37
1 On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > On 02/13/2011 10:24 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Mark Knecht<markknecht@×××××.com>
5 >>  wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>> This morning I did an xorg-server upgrade which included IIRC 33 files
8 >>> total on my system. After the upgrade I am unable to run the vmplayer
9 >>> app. The GUI never comes up. If I run it in a terminal it seems to die
10 >>> quietly after about 5 seconds. There are no additional messages in
11 >>> dmesg.
14 >> OK - there is nothing of interest in the setup log file above, but in
15 >> the same directory there is a player-log which is catching the crash.
16 >> I cannot tell what's kicking it off so I'm considering uninstalling
17 >> all the vmware stuff, looking for stale links, then reinstalling
18 >> vmware.
19 >
20 > Are you using the ebuilds for vmware?  (Latest versions are in the "vmware"
21 > overlay.)  I run latest X.Org (1.9.4) and both workstation as well as player
22 > have no problems here.
23
24 Hi Nikos,
25 As of this evening all VMs seem to be working fine on 2.6.37 using
26 the ebuilds from the vmware overlay.
27
28 I appreciate you help.
29