From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Not enough RAM for dev-qt/qtwebengine build
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 18:19:41
1 On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 05:15:41PM +0300, Alexey Eschenko wrote
2 > Thank you. Didn't think about that. Don't know why though. My
3 > MAKEOPTS was "-j32". Looks like that was too many for package like
4 > qtwebengine. Solved the problem with creating specific environment
5 > for qtwebengine and setting it up in /etc/portage/package.env/ It was
6 > veeeery long build process but this time it finished successfully. I
7 > think I'll try to find more appropriate value for qtwebengine which
8 > could be used with 32GB of RAM.
9
10 Please use plain text, not HTML.
11
12 According to
13 https://blogs.gentoo.org/ago/2013/01/14/makeopts-jcore-1-is-not-the-best-optimization/
14 the fastest compiles come with setting MAKEOPTS to the number of cores
15 in your machine. E.g. for a dual core cpu, use "-j2", for a 4 core cpu
16 use "-j4", etc. To check the number of cpus in your machine, execute...
17
18 grep -c ^flags /proc/cpuinfo
21 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
22 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications