From: Farhan Ahmed <farhanahmed06@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] multiple emerge --sync on the same day?
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 17:07:16
1 de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
2 > [...]
3 >
4 > I am planning to get a few machines going on a manual installation while
5 > I troubleshoot the livecd problem. These machines are behind a router
6 > and there will be multiple emerge --sync requests coming from the same
7 > IP. Is this a problem? I read somewhere that the same machine should not
8 > be doing more than one emerge --sync per day.
9
10 Use different rsync mirrors for different PCs. A better solution is found
11 in this HOW-TO
12
13 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Local_Rsync_Mirror
14
15 Hope That Helps,
16 Farhan Ahmed
17 --
18 Place : Bangalore, Karnataka, India
19 GPG Key : 8BE90E98
20 WengoPhone ID : farhanahmed
21 IRC Nick : farhanahmed / farhanahmed06 (irc.freenode.net)
22 Check Out : http://gentooisbest.blogspot.com