From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd - are we forced to switch?
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 16:55:39
1 On 07/26/2013 06:39 AM, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2 > must I check that every entry previously in /etc/init.d now has an entry
3 > in /usr/lib/systemd/system? What do I do if there is no corresponding
4 > entry?
5
6 I actually had to write a few of my own *.service files, which belong in
7 /etc/systemd/system/ instead of /usr/lib64/systemd/system. (systemd looks
8 in both places for service files)
9
10 I started playing with systemd on a virtual gentoo machine many months
11 ago when gentoo's systemd was still very incomplete and lacked *.system
12 files for several important packages. I'm hoping the gentoo devs have
13 made progress with that problem, but fedora and arch linux have already
14 made the switch to systemd and you can steal *.service files from those
15 if you need to.
16
17 BTW, I'm still using systemd only on my virtual machines so far. The
18 recent upgrade on ~amd64 is an ugly mess IMHO.