From: Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] !!! section ‘local’ in repos.conf has name different from ...
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 18:35:58
1 чт, 16 апр. 2020 г. в 20:27, John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>:
2
3 > I have 3 boxes on which I try to maintain gentoo setups as identical as possible. The steam install has gone smoothly on 2 boxes, but is failing on the 3rd.
4 >
5 > When I get to this steam installation step on the 3rd box:
6 > # emaint sync —repo steam-overlay
7 >
8 > I get the error
9 > !!! Section ‘local’ in repos.conf has name different from repository ‘steam-overlay’ set inside repository
10 > which prevents me from syncing and installing steam on this machine.
11 >
12 > I’m interpreting this as the two repositories (local and steam-overlay) somehow knowing about each other and somehow getting their configurations intertwined.
13 >
14 > My repos.conf directory on this 3rd machine is identical to the other 2 machines (which don’t exhibit this error).
15 >
16 > .../repos.conf/local.conf maintains a local overlay in /usr/local/portage for a handful of personal packages/ebuilds.
17 >
18 > .../repos.conf/steam-overlay.conf maintains its overlay in /usr/local/portage/steam-overlay.
19 >
20 > [snip]
21 >
22 > Any ideas about what’s happening?
23
24 Aren't /usr/local/portage and /usr/local/portage/steam-overlay really
25 intertwined? What if you move the 'local' overlay to, say,
26 /usr/local/portage/local ? (And, sure, edit the corresponding info in
27 the configuration files).
30 Regards,
31 Alex