From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Making sure I am a good netizen and secure.
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 03:05:18
1 On 2009-09-05, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > The cheapest solution by far to networking a second PC in the
4 > LAN is to use your first PC as a router and forward packets
5 > through it.
6
7 Buying an Ethernet switch is probably a lot easier.
8
9 > The second option is to buy another router. In this case I
10 > recommend that you use your Motorola in fully bridged mode
11 > where it acts as a transparent ADSL modem (look through its
12 > GUI and read the manual as to how to achieve this) and use
13 > your new router to achieve PPPoE authentication with your
14 > ISP's network.
15
16 The ISP and the 2210 may or may not allow that.
19 Grant