From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] autorespond
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:56:30
1 On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:42:59 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > Unsubscribing the user will have reduced the traffic he is causing by a
4 > significant margin.
5
6 And give the list admins breathing space in which to add a rule to
7 silently drop messages from that address.
8
9 I suppose what we really need is a standard header to be inserted by
10 auto-responders. Then mailing list software can simply ignore any such
11 mails.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 "Theory and practice are the same in theory, but different in practice"