From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Ridiculous nagging problem unable to ping
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 08:41:13
1 On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 00:44:35 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > Not only can I ping the router... but I can connect with tcp to
4 > anything I want to on the internet.
5 >
6 > Its just that I can't ping the internet.
7
8 I thought you couldn't ping the rest of the LAN either?
9
10 If the only box you can ping is the router,it sounds like a router setting
11 somewhere. What happens if you plug the computer into a different port on
12 the router? Does the router have any DMZ features turned on?
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Ninety-Ninety Rule Of Project Schedules - The first ninety percent of
19 the task takes ninety percent of the time, and the last ten percent
20 takes the other ninety percent of the time.