From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 5
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 07:06:56
1 On Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 23:04:57 Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday 14 Jul 2016 04:50:57 Michael Palimaka wrote:
3 > > On 13/07/16 07:56, Mick wrote:
4 > > > Unlike Neil I found Plasma 5 a major climb down from KDE4 in terms of
5 > > > interface usability. A lot of things were broken and for me still are.
6 > > > For example Konqueror on my laptop does not integrate with Dolphin
7 > > > anymore, menu icons on Dolphin are not shown, Network places are empty,
8 > > > Kim4 does not show up in the dropdown menu, etc. I noticed the same
9 > > > problems on a desktop which had the full Plasma5 desktop installed.
10 > >
11 > > These are not related to Plasma, but rather KDE Applications which is
12 > > now distinct.
13 > >
14 > > The Dolphin/Konqueror integration should be fixed in 16.04.3, see bug
15 > > #562224.
16 >
17 > Thanks, good to know.
18
19 This problem is now fixed with 16.04.3-r1. Under Network I can see all my
20 remote fs and servers. Also, a single click on a folder opens it in within
21 Konqueror, rather than opening a separate Dolphin window. In Dolphin folders
22 still require double click to open.
25 Regards,
26 Mick