From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 5
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 22:05:40
1 On Thursday 14 Jul 2016 04:50:57 Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > On 13/07/16 07:56, Mick wrote:
3 > > Unlike Neil I found Plasma 5 a major climb down from KDE4 in terms of
4 > > interface usability. A lot of things were broken and for me still are.
5 > > For example Konqueror on my laptop does not integrate with Dolphin
6 > > anymore, menu icons on Dolphin are not shown, Network places are empty,
7 > > Kim4 does not show up in the dropdown menu, etc. I noticed the same
8 > > problems on a desktop which had the full Plasma5 desktop installed.
9 >
10 > These are not related to Plasma, but rather KDE Applications which is
11 > now distinct.
12 >
13 > The Dolphin/Konqueror integration should be fixed in 16.04.3, see bug
14 > #562224.
15
16 Thanks, good to know.
17
18 > For missing icons and network places, it would be nice to know
19 > more.
20
21 Please see attached screenshot. The menu has no icons, only text.
22 Configuration options are limited compared to KDE4. Delete, instead of Move to
23 Trash, is not configurable. However, pressing Shift before or after a right-
24 click menu has been invoked changes Move to Trash to Delete.
27 > It is expected that kim4 (kdelibs4-based) does not work with
28 > KF5-based Dolphin.
29
30 This was a very useful facility for me. I hope kim5 will be brought out.
33 Regards,
34 Mick

shot-2016-07-13_22-52-16.jpg image/jpeg