From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 5
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 18:51:27
1 On 13/07/16 07:56, Mick wrote:
2 > Unlike Neil I found Plasma 5 a major climb down from KDE4 in terms of
3 > interface usability. A lot of things were broken and for me still are. For
4 > example Konqueror on my laptop does not integrate with Dolphin anymore, menu
5 > icons on Dolphin are not shown, Network places are empty, Kim4 does not show
6 > up in the dropdown menu, etc. I noticed the same problems on a desktop which
7 > had the full Plasma5 desktop installed.
8
9 These are not related to Plasma, but rather KDE Applications which is
10 now distinct.
11
12 The Dolphin/Konqueror integration should be fixed in 16.04.3, see bug
13 #562224. For missing icons and network places, it would be nice to know
14 more. It is expected that kim4 (kdelibs4-based) does not work with
15 KF5-based Dolphin.