From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 5
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 16:03:37
1 On 14/07/16 08:04, Mick wrote:
2 >> For missing icons and network places, it would be nice to know
3 >> more.
4 >
5 > Please see attached screenshot. The menu has no icons, only text.
6 > Configuration options are limited compared to KDE4. Delete, instead of Move to
7 > Trash, is not configurable. However, pressing Shift before or after a right-
8 > click menu has been invoked changes Move to Trash to Delete.
9
10 For the missing icons, is this inside a Plasma session? What's the
11 output of "env | grep XDG_"?
12
13 As for delete, did you check "Delete" in the services configuration?
17 >> It is expected that kim4 (kdelibs4-based) does not work with
18 >> KF5-based Dolphin.
19 >
20 > This was a very useful facility for me. I hope kim5 will be brought out.
21
22 I did a really quick test by copying the service files to the KF5
23 location (/usr/share/kservices5/ServiceMenus) and ran a couple of
24 operations and it seemed to work OK.