From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: make.profile directory in /etc. not symlink
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 14:10:27
1 On Saturday 09 September 2006 14:42, Peter wrote:
2 > Today, I decided to upgrade to the latest profile, and found to my
3 > surprise a directory called make.profile in /etc, not a symlink to a
4 > profile directory. In it were the usual profile files.
5 >
6 > My question is, were there ever instructions about creating a make.profile
7 > directory in lieu of creating a symlink? I just removed it and created a
8 > symlink for the profile. But I am curious where I got the idea to have
9 > done that?
10
11 I remember a document where this was the procedure to set a profile.
12 I remember it because I found it odd it didn't use a symlink to set the
13 profile. I haven't been able to find this document, but I know it existed at
14 some point.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list