From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird portage behaviour
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 00:21:12
1 On Monday 14 Apr 2014 00:30:44 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > A proper answer involves posting the full verbose output of those emerge
4 > commands.
5
6 OK. Attached; list and listk are as in my first message.
7
8 > Without that we can only guess. My guess is that USE is different
9 > between your Atom and your build host, so using -k causes a different
10 > set of package deps to be pulled in.
11
12 I've checked - for the umpteenth time - that package.use, package.keywords and
13 package.mask are identical; also the portage profile and the world file. And
14 here are the differences between the two make.confs (portage.serv is the Atom's
15 etc/portage and /etc/portage is the build host's):
16
17 # diff portage.serv/make.conf /etc/portage/make.conf
18 8c8
19 < FEATURES="parallel-fetch userfetch"
20 ---
21 > FEATURES="buildpkg parallel-fetch userfetch"
22 10c10
23 < ftp_proxy="ftp://localhost:8080/"
24 ---
25 > ftp_proxy="ftp://serv.prhnet:8080/"
26 14c14
27 < http_proxy="http://localhost:8080/"
28 ---
29 > http_proxy="http://serv.prhnet:8080/"
30 17c17
31 < MAKEOPTS="-j3"
32 ---
33 > MAKEOPTS="-j5"
34 24c24,25
35 < SYNC="rsync://rsync.uk.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
36 ---
37 > SYNC="rsync://serv.prhnet/gentoo-portage"
38
39 The machine serv.prhnet is a portage mirror for the rest of the LAN (it's the
40 Atom box); besides rsyncd it runs http-replicator listening to port 8080 to
41 serve the distfiles etc. Sometimes I have to think uncomfortably hard to
42 remember what's where, doing what to whom :-(
45 Regards
46 Peter

list.gz application/gzip
listk.gz application/gzip