From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What Gives - Anyone know?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:47:23
1 On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:09 AM, CJoeB<colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > For the last little while (not sure when it started), Firefox will not
5 > load .pdf files (also files with a .aspx extention) - it downloads them
6 > and won't even display them if I try opening the pdf after download. I
7 > have nppdf.so as a plugin. Opera displays these files just fine - I
8 > have Opera installed as a backup when Firefox is giving me grief, but I
9 > don't really like the browser interface. Guess I'm old school and stick
10 > with what I am used to - I've always used Netscape, then Mozilla and
11 > now, Firefox. Anyone else have the same issue and know what's going on
12 > and if there is a solution?
13
14 I think you need to give us some details. What architecture?
15 32-bit/64-bit? What version of Firefox? What package owns nppdf.so and
16 what version is that package? How are your MIME type handlers set up
17 in Firefox for PDF files? etc.
18
19 I use Okular for viewing PDF on ~amd64 and can view files downloaded
20 with Firefox just fine.