From: Gregory SACRE <gregory.sacre@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Problem with disk: cannot mount as ext3 but yes as ext2 ???
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 06:39:47
1 On 10/13/06, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 08:29:40AM +0200, Gregory SACRE wrote
3 >
4 > > Is there anything wrong with my hardware? Is it a super-block problem?
5 > > Is there a way to solve it?
6 > >
7 > > Thank you in advance!
8 >
9 > This is not intended as an insult, but let's start at square 1. In
10 > "make menuconfig", have you enabled...
11 > "Ext3 journalling file system support"
12
13 Yes I did as the 2 other hard disks are of ext3 format.
14
15 Other question about my problem: is it possible that it would be a
16 sector problem, and that those sectors would contain the journaling of
17 ext3? And that would be the reason why I can mount it as ext2 and not
18 ext3?
19 And therefore, do I need to perform a low level format in order to
20 bring everything as new?
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list