From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Persistent revdep-rebuild issues: sun-jdk-1.4.2.16
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 03:00:35
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Thursday 20 December 2007 02:43:04 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I have had mine showing it needed to recompile gcc for a very long time
5 >> now. There is also a bug for it too. It has been there for a really
6 >> long time. There are hacks to work around the bug but some don't like
7 >> the hack and neither did I. I just omit gcc and do whatever else it says.
8 >>
9 >> It's not a perfect tool but it works, mostly anyway. ;-)
12 > It's not a hack. But anyway.. Do you actually need gcj? Otherwise just disable
13 > USE=gcj and be done with it...
17 The last I saw was making some sort of links manually. I'll give that
18 -gcj a try tho. Can I just disable it on gcc or does it have to be
19 global? Also, what is it anyway? I did a euse -i gcj but it may as
20 well be greek.
21
22 Thanks
23